CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

WE ARE #1 on the list for girl!!!





Ok first off this is my first post and I can't figure anything out, and I think I will need some help from Jenny. This blog is to first occupy my time and I guess to keep others updated on our process. Most of this technical stuff sounds like jibberish but here it goes here is a timeline of our adoption so far:

6-27-06 we picked up our homestudy
6-28-06 sent all info to INS (Homeland Secuirty)
7-1-06 got our passports
7-19-06 Dossier done
7-19-06 Fingerprints Done
8-2-06 We are #4 on the list for a girl
8-17-06 We are #3 on the list for a girl
8-18-06 Last Piece of paper needed
9-11-06 We are#1 on the list for a girl

All of this seems like nothing, but it is a lot of sweat and tears. This paper work is horrible. I know it will all be worth it in the end but they want you to have a HIV test, TB test, drug test for every known drug. Then a medical review, two sets of fingerprints, every form filled out to the exact specifications. Then you must drive every piece of paper to Lansing to "The Great Seal" then send it to Chicago for the last step. I am so glad that we have all this done. This is where the wait begins. I know I am hardly going to stand it.

This is where I will end and I won't post again until we have our referral or I can't stand it anymore.

0 comments: