CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tables and tutu's

Mia's birthday is in a few weeks and we decided (or I did) that we were going to get her a table and chairs. I was going to get her the adorable white wooden table from Potterybarn kids with the pink and green chair, but I decided that the first time I saw a crayon mark or anything on it I would just die. You know it costs way too much so I was scoping out my favorite site, Craigslist and I found one. It was a little more than I wanted to spend on a used table but it was really clean and cute so we went and got it this weekend and of course we had to give it to her. She will get more presents at her birthday party and I am sure we will get her something else because it is not like she is spoiled or anything : )



So now that she has her new table she doesn't want to eat in her highchair so here she is eating breakfast at her new table.



Such a big girl, where did my baby go?


We have Mia's 2 year photo shoot this Thursday and I can't wait!!! I have 3 outfits planned out and 2 of the 3 are Guatemalan, but the 3rd is a tutu. I had bought one from Gymboree but it didn't match the shirt I wanted her to wear sooo with some help from Tara I made Mia a tutu! Here she is modeling it for me.




This was before it was quit done and I didn't really it all situated but you get the idea...

















6 comments:

Kelly said...

Jesus this is crazy I just made a tutu today for Skylar and I also bought the one at Gymboree for Sky's birthday. We are toooooooo eff'in scary!!!!Great minds think alike!!! I would shit if I bought the PB table and crayon got on it too~!!! LOL I like the one you got her and she looks so adorable in her tutu!!!!!

Donna said...

Isn't so wild to see them eat at the table with a bowl of cereal? It still cracks me up to watch A and L do it. Such a monumental step!

And, the clothes and tutu's...well in my current mood of way too many males in the household, I'm not sure I can even post how envious I am. So stinkin' cute.

I cannot wait to SEE her again! Yippee!

Kathy said...

Wait! I just bought John a tutu too! Just kidding but he is carrying a Tinkerbell purse now.

I love the tutu. Mia just looks too stinking cute and I can't wait to see her photo shoot pictures.

She does look so grown up eating at her new table. My sister bought John's table at Ikea. I felt the same way about wood...it would freak me out if it got all messy.

Julie P said...

Ok I so wanted the PBK one but just could not justify the $ for it for the same reason as you. So we got ours at IKEA. LOVE the tutu on Mia. Now I can't wait to see the pictures from her photo shoot!

One Busy Momma said...

yea for tables and cereal bowls!!!!

Cute tutu!

Hope you have a great time at the photo shoot!!!

Denise

Tara said...

You did an AWESOME job Martha, I mean Gwen :)