CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

What's that brown thing?

Today we had music class for REAL! It was a lot of fun and I think Mia really liked it. She has been dancing a lot and clapping when I sing if your happy and you know it song. It is SO cute.

So yesterday during bath time I was taking my mustache off. Yes I have a mustache and a special occasion is coming up so I didn't want to be sporting my mustache. Mia was in the bath tub playing and all of a sudden she grunted and I just sat down to finish rinsing her before getting her out. I was getting new water out of the faucet and looked down and thought to myself, "what is that brown thing Mia is holding. She doesn't have any brown bath tub toys." In one second it dawned on me that she was holding poo! Her poo! She pooed in the tub and it was in the water and in her hand! Just as quickly as I thought that I grabbed the poo out of her hand (screamed) and threw the poo in the toilet. I grabbed Mia wiped her bum and washed her hand. I yelled to Jenny, "go look in the tub." She said, "oh, no she didn't." I said, "yes your daughter did." She said she was going to throw up, but grabbed a DISPOSABLE cup and scooped up what she could and after she was clean I disinfected all her toys and the tub. I guess this is what being a mom is all about. Not thinking twice about grabbing poo out of your daughter's hand and with your bare hand. At least she didn't eat it!

On a more serious note. We received a letter from Maria last week and just finally got it translated. She was thinking us for the package we sent down and at the end she said that she still had Jose Juan and she was going to keep him until we can be his parent's. I almost cried, well I did cry. We NEVER told her that we were going to try to adopt him and I don't think she is getting paid anymore to keep him, but she couldn't bear him going to a state run orphanage so she is keeping him. We sent a package down with someone from "the forum" who is staying at the Tikal and they are going to give it to Benjamin. We have already talked to Benjamin and he is going to call Maria and translate a letter from us to her and then email us with what she says. So we will know more in a week or two. I am trying not to get my hopes up that we will get to adopt Jose Juan, but it is so hard. I feel attached to him already and I know my heart will break if we can't adopt him. I try not to think about it, because it is not in our hands and we can only hope. I never thought I wanted a boy until him and I already feel like he is our son. I can't bear the thought of him not coming home. At least we know he is safe and loved and that is all that really matters, I suppose.

Here are some pics form before music class today!



Check out her Valentines Day outfit! Also, she has a cold so I was trying to suck her boogies out that is why she is holding a booger sucker. I was not successful.



Can you tell she is in a trance watching tv?



Yawning.



Clapping.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh No Poo!!!!!!!!!
I am so glad she likes music class , how fun!!I love her Valentine's outfit and I just adore her piggies.
Josa Juan is your son and always will be in your heart no matter what. I have faith that he will come home one day because I have to.

Dr. Samantha said...

ah, yes, the tub poo. thank your lucky stars it was a firm poo, aka a log poo, rather than a pile poo- those are NOT so easy to deal with.

i hope that maria will be able to continue to care for jose juan. are you able to send funds to her to help take care of him? no matter how it goes in the end (i am thinking good thoughts for you!), i am sure this would be incredibly appreciated. i have an idea about how to do this if you need...

Kathy said...

Ewwww! Poo in the tub! Thankfully John has (so far) spared me of that joy!

Glad music class was fun and her Valentine's Day outfit is adorable!

That is wonderful that the foster mother will be keeping Jose Juan with her. I hope everything works out and he comes home to you!

Boys really are fun! I thought I wanted girls too but my agency didn't let me pick and I got John and am so glad!!