So this week has been uneventful, which is a pretty good thing. The highlight of the week was going to Toys r us and getting Mia a sandbox. Every girl needs a sandbox. So for anyone who is keeping count we now have a sandbox, sand and water table, log cabin house (purchased for $50 thanks to Craigslist), a swing, and a slide climber thingy. In a few weeks we can add a swing set to the list thanks to my sister. She has one that my nephew has barely even used and she is going to let Mia have it! Can we say spoiled?!? Anyway....back to the sand box. Mia loves her sandbox and she loves flick the sand out of the sand box. I think by the end of summer we may have more sand outside the sand box than inside. Funny story, Jenny and I were talking a while ago about sandboxes and I mentioned how my dad made me a HUGE sandbox and she said her dad did the same thing for her. I then told her how funny it was that he (my dad) used rail road ties to make my sand box and later I heard that rail road ties have esbestos (or something equally harmful) in them and sat on those rail road ties for hours and played in my sand box.
Another funny story....
Jenny and I were discussing finding clay in our sandboxes, which apparently when your kid is a really cool thing. We would dig and dig and then find clay and then play with the clay until we realized that it wasn't actually clay that we were playing with it was.....cat poop. I guess the cats in the neighborhood used both our sandboxes as litter boxes. We both also admitted that it didn't only happen once, but more times than I can remember. Every time I found clay I would play with it until I realized it was poop. Good times.
I have to comment on American Idol and Paula last night. What is that woman on? For those of you who don't watch Idol like I do (losers). The contestants sang one song and then the judges were to comment on their performances all together and this is a lot different than usual and when it got to Paula she commented on the first song and then started to comment on the second song THAT THEY HADN'T SUNG YET. Sorry for yelling, but they hadn't sung the song. I have noticed before that most times she couldn't even string a real sentence together. She would just say random things that jumped into her head.
Clothes...so a friend of Jenny's is have a Matilda Jane party and I am getting Mia the CUTEST outfit ever! I can't wait to get it. If you want to check out the site it is www.matildajaneclothing.com Click on the goods. They have super cute clothes. They are a little pricey, but cute. I think I may see a Matilda Jane party in my near future!
Also I thought everyone would be happy to know that we got our tuition refunded for music class so we can go next session. We also had the ants killed by a professional. We haven't seen an ant for a while now. I also want to clarify I didn't want the ants living in here, but I couldn't kill them myself. Everyday when Jenny came home I would make her kill at least 20 of them. Now we spend our time doing more important things like watching American Idol.
Now onto the cute girl known as Mia.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Sand boxes, idol, and clothes
Posted by Gwen, Jenny, & Mia at 6:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
First of all I also had a gigantic sandbox made with railroad ties ! I never heard of the asbestos...good to know LOL. Secondly, Paula is a moron and hilarious and totally effed up!Third, OMG I am in love with that outfit , I am totally coming to your party! Yes I am the ass that just invited herself :) And Finally Could Mia get any cuter? I love her!And her white sand!
THAT OUTFIT!!! OMG!! How stinkin' precious is that! Mia is gonna rock OUT that outfit! (I know I owe you a phone call!!)
You are so funny. I love your blog. I love the way you two are so in love with Mia. She is a very lucky girl and I know you are very lucky to have her. Anyway my husband built a gigantic sandbox out of railroad ties for Kelly and her brother. We were just talking the other day about how filthy it must have been with the cat poop and who knows what else. Never thought about asbestos. Sorry kids, we didn't know.
Kelly's Mom - Skylie's Onnie
I was also an asbestos exposed child!! Those railroad ties must have been easy to come by. We did have a tarp covering ours and probably because I played with the "clay"!
Your backyard is going to be the place to play!! Mia looks so cute mesmerized by her white sand.
And she will look for adorable in that outfit! Can't wait to see her in it.
Did you get your 30% (yes, 30%) off coupon from Gymboree? It is good May 8 - 12. I hope they add some new collections since John has all the others already!
1. mia is beyond adorable.
2. our entire yard is a litter box for the entire kitty neighborhood. it's foul.
3. i want a girl i can put in that outfit.
4. wanna fly out here and go shopping with me? :)
oh, and i have a theory paula is on pain killers. just a theory...
Post a Comment