So this week for FFF I decided to show off some artwork. We sponsor a 5 yr old girl through Mayan Families and just recently we received 2 drawings she drew for us! So I thought I would share her beautiful pictures that came all the way from Lake Atitlan Guatemala. With the help of 2 other families that sponsors some of Blanca's siblings we have been able to do a lot for this wonderful family. They have 8 children and I think 6 of them are in school, which is a rare thing in Guatemala especially for the girls. The father, mother and 2 older children work, but were 5 yrs behind on their water and electric bill, barely had enough food, and they had to forage for wood to cook with. With the other families we have bought them a stove, chickens, food, paid their back utilities, and we always send a basket when Mayan Families does their baskets. My family is hoping to get them a bed (maybe 2) and a table. I really hope when we go back to Guatemala to meet them and bring them more things. If I won the lottery I would give A LOT of it to Mayan Families they are amazing!
Friday, May 30, 2008
FFF
Posted by Gwen, Jenny, & Mia at 6:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Gwen that is soooo awesome! I need to look into that organization more because I NEED to give back to beautiful Guatemala.
I forgot to tell you that Devon has the same polka dot bathing suit that Mia has....lol. I also got the matching hat but I know she won't keep it on for longer than a second.
I'm bummed about Myrtle Beach too :( Maybe Curly and I will make our way out to Detroit. They have a ton of signs on the highway for the casinos and they are calling my name!!
Ohhhh, that is so awesome!! I would love to be involved with something that is so neat. Once the boys were old enough, we had planned to do it with them (having them help with "their money")...but why wait??
Awww that's amazing Gwen!!!! SO SWEET!
How cool that you got drawings from her!!!! I love Mayan Families, they are just sooooo wonderful! She is such a beautiful girl. Have a great week!
Post a Comment