CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 15, 2008

The cat named Mouse

At Mia's birthday party a friend of ours was telling me a story about a cat. She said that she was at the farmer's market downtown and they went across the street to the river to eat their ice cream and this cat came out from under the bridge. She said the cat was so skinny she wasn't even sure how it was still alive. She and her son were eating some eating some ice cream so she fed the cat her ice cream and they went on their way. The following week she went back to the Farmer's Market and they went to eat their ice cream on the bridge and the cat was still there. She said she couldn't believe the cat was still alive she fed it her ice cream and went on their way. So she tells me this story and I couldn't stop thinking about it all day. At the end of the night when the party was over and everyone had left I told Jenny the story. She said that on Sunday we could get up and go see if we could get the cat, but at the very least feed it. We stopped and bought some canned cat food and off we went in the rain with a 2 yr old to find a stray cat when we already have 7! I know crazy, right? We got there and I opened the can of food and out came the cat. Our friend was right I couldn't believe she was so skinny and still alive. She was friendly so we scooped her up and put her in the cat carrier while she devoured the cat food as fast as she could. We took her home and set her up a bed in the garage with food and water. Every couple hours we would go and check on her and pet her. Today I took her to the vet and they gave her a clean bill of health minus the fact she was starving to death. The vet said she will recover. Until then she is going to live with us then we will find someone to adopt her. Here are some pictures of the cat we named Mouse. None of these do justice to just how skinny she is, but she is still really cute and sweet.









6 comments:

Kathy said...

Ohhh, what a sweet little cat!! You guys are so great to go and rescue her. But I bet you will be keeping Mouse.

Anonymous said...

I love your big ole hearts! Sometimes isn't hard to feel so much, it is for me. I would have been sick about the poor little kitty but I don't know that I would have gone in the rain to rescue it. I hope I would have. You guys are my hero. Mouse is so tiny and cute. I bet you have cat #8.
Debbie, (Kel's mom, Skylar's Onnie)

Dr. Samantha said...

I was just going to post that I bet $20 that this is cat #8. LOL.

We once had a stray in the yard that we were feeding. We built a little box house for him, and named him Ganesh. It was pointed out by a friend that if we feed him and named him he's not stray anymore.

We gave him away and the person (my ex-husband, need I say more?) allowed him to run away. I was devastated.

I think if Mouse can get along with the other kitties, what's 8 compared to 7, really? ;)

Kelly said...

I agree with Deb on this one. I think you have #8. She is so cute. You can tell she's skinny because she looks like she has a ginormous head. The poor lil' thing. I am so glad you guys went to get her.

lovingourtwoguys said...

Ohh, Mouse is so beautiful. I love that you and Jenny are total and complete softies for animals. We are exactly the same.

Mouse, you are the sweetest little sweetie ever!! I could just scoop you up!

To the mamas: really, what's one more?

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

I'm glad I'm not the only cat lover. Can't wait to meet y'all in October.

Megan and Mackenzie