CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 06, 2009

We're still here!

Things have been crazy lately. Mia has had a really bad cold for the past week, which means little sleep for me, but she is on the mend. We have been busy with errands and usual day to day things, nothing too exciting.

Mia is growing up so fast. She talks in nearly complete sentences, says the silliest things, and is a drama queen. She has even mastered the "pppplllleeeaaasssseee" to get what she wants and unfortunately it usually works. She has been really into her baby dolls and playing pretend too. She will pretend that she is a dog or cat and we have to pet her and give her treats. She is still doing really well with the potty training, with the exception of one big accident, but other than that she hasn't had any accidents and she is pretty good at holding it too until we get to a bathroom. A downside to potty training is that when she is in a situation she wants to get out of (like she is bored) she will say she has to go potty then when we get in the bathroom she says, "no thank you."

Last weekend we went to the movies, a 3D movie about underwater creatures. She really didn't want to sit still and didn't enjoy it eventhough I thought it was really neat! We are going to take her to a butterfly exhibit and she is pretty excited about it. She keeps asking about it and we are hoping she doesn't trample any butterflies!

Our home study is finally off to the state and our social worker said we should be licensed by the begining of April and maybe even sooner, which means we could have a placement shortly after that! It is a bit scary, but exciting too. I have been trying to prepare Mia for having a baby in the house, if that is even possible. I have been telling her that there will be a baby in the house and asking her if she will help with the baby and she seems excited, but I don't know how excited she is going to be when there is an actual baby taking up our time.

Pongo news: He is still doing really well. We are still having the trainer over once a week and he is getting along with the cats really well. No aggressive behavior and he even takes the occasional swat or hiss in stride. We still can't have him around them unsupervised but we are getting there. The trainer said she thinks he will be great with the cats once he is used to them. She said we can have him around the cats without much supervision, but we are still a bit
nervous!


This is Mia and Kayla after a hard day of swimming and no nap.


This is Mia modeling the sweater I got last year at Old Navy for $1.99


give me the camera....


if you don't give me the camera I am going to...



hide from you and then she says, "where is Mia?"


or maybe I will get you with my tongue!


I found an old high school friend on facebook and we decided to meet up! This was what Mia was wearing. Cute huh?
We both are stay at home moms with kids who would have thought that when we were ridign in the back of a police car. We were 14 skipped school on our birthday (we had the same birthday) and we went to the store about 1 hour before school was to be let out. Long story, but we ended up being "escorted" back to school by the police who pulled right up on the sidewalk to the front door of our high school and escorted us the principals office. So embarrassing!

Little did I know she was going to have an accident and poop and pee in this outfit at the play land at the mall!


she thinks if she looks away I will stop taking her picture.


Here she is modeling a hat I got at Target in the $ section.


for my birthday we decided to bake cupcakes.


Mia helped! She calls cupcakes pancakes....


and says, "happy birthday times day, mom"
She still says it and she says it to Jenny too. We say, "happy birthday times day to you, Mia." We couldn't possibly tell her that she is wrong!


and she tastes the "pancake" batter.


We cut Mia's hair and I straightened it!


Everyone commented on how beautiful this photo was....I for the life of me couldn't figure out why my camera was taking "foggy" pictures. I never claimed to be a genius!


This was our attempt at a cute photo together. I couldn't get one where I didnt' have a double chin (note the "line" under my chin is NOT my double chin it is my hair stuck to face I think, not that, that is much better) and Mia doesn't have a fake smile.


Mia with Jenny's glasses on...


laughing hysterically at herself...


I am so funny...


look at my cheesy smile...


I am so stinking cute!


My bowl head...


she thought this was hilarious.


my straight hair girl before...


she puked all over me!


and last but not least, our little bunny going potty!

2 comments:

One Busy Momma said...

Glad to hear you are still around!!! :)

Mia is soo cute with her haircut and all!!! Congrats on the training also!!!! (dont be surprised though if she regresses when a new little one comes into the house... just fyi)
Anyways... Glad Pongo is working out well in your house!!!!!
Have fun with the butterflies!!! there is NO WAY I could take my boys... there would be a ton of squished bugs! ;)

Dr. Samantha said...

so glad to have a proper update. i love the outfit she wore. sorry it turned out to be a bit of a mess.

can't believe there may be a baby soon...!

xo
s