It has been a rough week around our house. Mia has been cutting some teeth adn she goes from happy to throwing fits in 2.1 seconds. She's also not been sleeping great, which really stinks. I am used to the kid who sleeps through the night. That is the whole point of co sleeping right? Well, the point of co sleeping to to bond, but also to get sleep too!
We heard from Benjamin, who works at the Grand Tikal (a hotel in Guatemala) and we periodically talk via email. He emailed us today to say that Maria (Mia's foster mom) had brought a picture of Mia and Benjamin to him. It was a picture taken on our pick up trip and we sent down to Maria sometime in October. He seemed very happy to get the photo and we were very happy to hear from him. We emailed him back, because we have been trying to find out what happened to Jose Juan, Mia's foster brother and where he is with everything that has recently happened with Guatemalan adoptions. I fear that he is in a state run orphanage. I hope to hear that he has a family that is in process to adopt him or that Maria gets to keep him. I wanted nothing more than to adopt him too, but we didn't have the money. Now every time we send pictures we send clothes and toys for Jose Juan. If he doesn't know we may ask if he will call Maria for us.
We made some great friends with some of the people in Guatemala on I am hoping we get to go back this year to visit with Maria and Benjamin.
I would also like to say CONGRATULATIONS to Jenny. She won an Addy award. An Addy award is an award for design and advertising. Jenny won. We get to go to a fancy dinner and awards ceremony! Our first night out without a baby. I don't know how long I will be able to stay out, but we are going to give it a try. I am so proud of her!
Here are some pictures I found today they are old pictures I came across.

This was taken on her 1st birthday. I love her in this dress, but it was the only time she ever wore it!

This photo was taken by the professional photographer . Her cute little toes! She has tiny feet, but they are thick (fat) and she has really long toes. her pinkie toes are longer than mine or maybe I have really short pinkie toes.

This is another professional photo. This was taken in august and she was just starting to be able to stand with us holding her hands. She was almost a year old.

Another tootsie picture.

I just found this photo. It was taken in 2005 when we went to Chicago to visit our friends. I just like it so I thought I would share.
4 comments:
We're still co-sleeping, too and some nights with all the rollin' around and coughing and who knows what else, there's not much sleepin' going on! ;-)
That's great that you heard from Benjamin. We haven't been able to catch up with anyone. Maybe you could find out about Giovanni and the baby for us?
LOVE all of Mia's "old" pictures. They're awesome!
After my No-make-up-Midnight-Shiner
Post, I may have to go to Glamour shots to redeem myself! hee hee hee
hugs!
Teething stinks!! Hope Mia goes back to sleeping through the night. Great pics and I love the one where Mia is holding on to both of you...too precious!
And Congrats to Jenny on her award! Enjoy your night out!
And I forgot....Congratulations to Jenni!! Addy is HUGE! Go celebrate!!
Congratulations Jenny!!! I love all the pics especially the cute tootsie ones. I hope Mia is feeling better soon , my advise is Orajel for Baby or teething tablets.I hope you make award night a good one!!
Post a Comment