CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Breyers chocolate ice cream and FFF!

I just got done eating a bowl of Breyers chocolate ice cream. Yummy.

So everyone wants to know about the ebay business. Well first let me tell you that we have been working on this for YEARS! We have tried everything and bought SO many bogus supplier lists, got scammed by suppliers, read a million ebooks, and spend hours and hours researching everything we could find on the internet. Finally last December in 2007 it happened. Jenny found IT. As you may or may not know Jenny is an art director and an art director usually starts off as a graphic designer. So she can design just about anything, well more like anything. So she designs templates for photographers to put the pictures in. Doesn't sound lucrative or interesting does it? You probably thought I was going to say Nintendo Wii's or something right? Well she has 20+ auctions now going and she is always working on more. We also sell things through our webiste. We can average around $100 - $200 a day everyday. So it adds up quick. I know tacky to tell you how much, but it's not like I am telling you how much Jenny makes at her job. So that money is paying off our ENORMOUS (did I mention ENORMOUS) credit card debt, helping our sponsor family through Mayan families, cute clothes for Mia, savings, and our next adoption.

If you want to check out the website it is www.delmiaco.com Where do you think we got outr business name ?

Onto more pressing issues. Last weekend I thought it would be fun to take Mia to Rain Forest Cafe. So we loaded her up in the car and drove the 45 minutes to the mall where Rain Forest Cafe is located. This mall can either be called Great Lakes Crossing or Land of no freaking parking spots. There are NEVER enough parking spots and it doesn't help that we have had 45 feet of snow this year so they piles to snow into some of the parking spots. So we find a killer spot, because we stalked a guy coming out of the mall. Not kidding I pointed to him and said to Jenny, "follow him." We follow him and he gets to his car and hops in and another guys comes and puts on his turn signal. Saying to us this is my spot. I was about to go postal on this guy. Jenny said fine he can have it if he wants to be an ass. So we blew him a kiss as we drove by and I told him that he was lucky I had a baby in the car. Then we go to Rain forest Cafe and there is an hour wait. An hour with a hungry baby. So we go shopping and I bought Mia a really cute outfit at Children's Place and Osh Kosh. Mia and I rode on the carousel and I don't think she was really that impressed with it. Then we go eat. If you have never been to Rain forest Cafe. It has a rain forest theme complete with lions, elephants, jaguars, butterflies, monkeys, vines, and anything rain forest themed everywhere. Then every 10-15 minutes all the animals get stirred up and they make all kinds of noise. There is even a thunderstorm that happens with flicking lights and loud sounds. I thought Mia would like this, but she really didn't like it much. She was scared and cried every time the animals got stirred up and there was a thunderstorm. It was not an enjoyable dinner, but it was really loud so all the other diners couldn't really hear the crying coming from our table. The food wasn't mediocre and overpriced. So the best thing that came out of that trip was the cute outfit for Mia, which makes any trip worth while.



Here we are waiting in line.



and waiting...



and waiting...



and waiting. Check out that cute little Mia butt!



Finally on the carousel. She looks like she is hanging on for dear life doesn't she?



On the way home. I think she was tired.



Just throwing this one in because I like this picture and I love her profile.
So this is my FFF.

7 comments:

Dr. Samantha said...

the website looks amazing. and that is the way to do it...get your product out and sell it over and over and over again. here's to a prosperous business! i know i must have something like that in me, i'm just not sure how to dig it out.

my kid is terrified of animated stuffies too. it IS kind of weird, no?

adorable pics of mis mia, btw.

oh, and a warning...one time i blew an ass hole driver in a truck a kiss and he started fricking road raging at me, honking, trying to drive me off of the road, following me. i was terrified. people are wack.

Donna said...

OMG! I don't check for your blog for 24hours and when I come back you inundate me! ;-)
I don't have time to respond (or even read thoroughly) to everything.
But first off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! a day late! (funny, I, too, now "appreciate" my previosuly loathed red hair!).
Can't wait to go check out your ebay and website. Can't wait to come back and READ everything - will say I LOVE the cute BUTT shot, too! ;-)
Don;t blog for two more days so I can catch up!

Kathy said...

Very cool business!! Congrats on it's success. I hear you about credit card debt...ugh!

Isn't it ridiculous how long the wait is for that place? John would hate it too!

Love the pics of Mia waiting and she doesn't look too thrilled on the carousel.

Kelly said...

We don't have a RainForestCafe but now I want to go to one. I think Sky would like it but then again maybe NOT. That's awesome about the ebay business, I wish I knew how to do something LOL Oh well! I adore the Mia Butt pic!!!!!

Donna said...

Thank you for not blogging for two days! I know you did that (or rather didn't do that) just for me! tee hee hee!
Anyway, I loved your birthday post, so glad you decided not to write a LONG post! ;-)
Your 28 thankfuls were very good.
We don't have a rainforest cafe anymore, I think VA Beach used to. But after reading youpost, I think that Austin an dlogan would be scared to. So far they have not enjoyed the Christmas parade or the children's "concert" we took them to or the real train they saw - in other words, no loud noises for them.

Okay, I now release you to blog again!

Anonymous said...

Wow the website looks fantastic! what a great idea! Mia looks like a very patient line waiter! :) Kemry would have been climbing, running, pushing people out of the way...it wouldn't have been good. LOL And I'm also very excited to hear about an upcoming 2nd adoption! What wonderful news!

Dena said...

She is just precious! I do like a rainforest cafe at disney but I don't think annabelle would like it soooo much! Cute pictures on the carousel! Who doesn't like a pony ride!