CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 01, 2008

FFF

I haven't been blogging much because I have been too tired. Miss Mia seems to think that 3 am is our new wake up time. So I have been in a daze! You would be happy to know that last night we all slept great and we didn't get up until 7:30! YIPEEEE!!! I never thought I would be happy about getting up at 7:30, but it sure as hell (see you have inspired me Kelly : ) beats 3 am. She has been teething and in this house teething equals getting up at 3 am to start our day. I hope or think that the tooth is through so we will wait for the next tooth to start coming in, which should be some time next week probably!

I am going to keep this short so I can blog about more important things tomorrow, but I couldn't miss out on FFF. I hope the rules don't say that it has to be our children, because mine is my dog, Rudy. He is getting so old we think he is around 11 or 12 or maybe even 13. We don't know because he was a stray, told you all I am a sucker for a stray animal! I was working at a vet clinic when I was 19 or so and a client called and said that there was a dog laying in someone's front yard, but on the other side of their fence by the road and had been there for a few days. So a co worker of mine hopped in her blazer and drove over there. We got there and sure enough there was a skinny sad looking black lab looking dog. We had dog food so we tried to coax him over with the dog food and he came running and ate it up. We slipped the leash around his neck and lead him into the blazer. We took off for the vet clinic. About half way there we looked back and I said something like, "oh what a cute dog" He then stepped between us and started growling! We were freaked out a bit, but kept driving. We got to the clinic and long story short he stayed at the clinic getting his shots, fixed, and he lived there for about a month. He weighed 40 pounds, had cigarette burns on his stomach, dog bites on his ears, and scars all over his face. We think he was abused and/or used for some kind of fighting dog. Maybe even a bait dog. I was the only person who he would let pet him and I would go in on my days off to walk and pet him. The owner of the clinic decided that because he was aggressive he couldn't be adopted out of the clinic because there would be a liability so he told us to take him to the humane society. So my friend and I took him to the humane society and told the workers to call me BEFORE he was put down if he didn't find a home. They called me 2 hours later and said that he tried to bite someone and if I didn't come and pick him up in 2 hours they would put him down. So I picked him up and here we are. We have come a long way and he has always been by my side through everything. Through my dad dying when I was 20 to my mom dying when I was 22 through everything. All he ever wanted was to be loved and feel safe and I hope he has always felt that. He is a different dog now, but not perfect. I can't let Mia around him unsupervised and his life has drastically changed since she has been home, but he is still here in the house. Jenny still walks him everyday and he is still loved. One day he will not be here and I don't know when that day will come, but I am sure it will be too soon. So hope you don't mind but here is my Rudy or Boo Boo as we call him.




this is his senior portrait look!



He looks a little crazy in this one!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Rudy!!!!! I used to work at vet clinic too and I came home with a cat. She passed away ,God I guess it will be a year in April, Emma was there through it all and loved Skylar so much.She even attacked Ralph( my hubby) when she was crying because she thought he was hurting her. Anyway I am so glad I have inspired you , I am so DAMN proud!!!!LOL