CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's all in the name

I am sure everyone wants a lesson on Mia's name and where it came from. Since everyone wants to know I will tell the story. Before we met Mia we had a name picked out and that name was Addisyn. No we didn't watch Grey's Anatomy and we didn't even know that name was popular. We picked it because my great grandmother's name was Addie and I wanted to name our new daughter after her. We got Mia's referral picture and everyone (including us) called her Addisyn. We weren't sure what her middle name was going to be, but it would have been one of her birth names. Then we visited her in January and from the moment we saw her I knew she wasn't an Addisyn. It didn't fit her.

Mia's birth name was or is (do I use past tense?) Delmy Yanira. So on our way home from our visit trip we kept ourself busy thinking of her new name. We wanted to keep part of Delmy, because she "seemed" like a Delmy. I sort of wanted to keep Delmy in whole, but everyone said it sounded like dumby and I knew in school someone would come up with that and I didn't want to set her up to be teased. Then we thought of Delmya, but I didn't really like it as much as I liked Mia so we changed it to Delmia. So half way through our trip we knew her name was going to be Delmia. We still had to come up with a middle name. While sitting in the airport in Charlotte waiting for our plane to Detroit we met a woman, who was a veterinarian, and told her our story and she came up with the middle name Rae. I wasn't completely sold, but open to the idea. I then looked up Rae and found that the Hispanic spelling was Rey so I was sold. So her name is now Delmia Rey K. W. We had her name changed and she is official and has both of our last names. So actually Mia's name is really Delmia. That is the story of her name. I will post some new pictures later - I have to download them, then resize them, and then post them. Sometimes that seems like a lot of work!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the name Mia and think Delmia Rey is beautiful name. She doesn't really look like an Addyson. John was going to be Brady but it didn't seem to fit him either.

PS - I was kinda glad I got a referral of a boy since I had already given my cats my favorite girl names...Mia and Sophie!

Kelly said...

Skylar was supposed to be Addison Lee ( Addie Lee)Lee was after my Mom's middle name. I loved it I thought it was so cute Ralph hated it and came up with Skylar I liked it so she is Skylar Francis Barrios (after my dad and one of her birth last names). OH MY GOD SO ANYWAY, I love Delmia Rey Its awesome and it suits her so well!