I have lots of pics resized and ready to upload, but blogger isn't letting me do it so we will have to save it for another day.
To the day in question from the previous post.
The answer is D.
Here is the story...
Mia and I were having a great time playing at the play area at the mall. I overheard a mom talking to another mom about how her son was always stealing his cousins toys and hitting them I didn't know who her son was, but I would soon figure it out. So Mia and I were minding our own business and playing and since Mia is the only child there not walking I usually follow her around so the bigger kids don't accidentally step on her hands. Or maybe because I am overprotective and don't want her to get hurt. So we made our way over to the slide and Mia had climbed up the stairs to get to the top. There was a little boy on the landing of the slide who wasn't letting any other kids slide down. He was probably 2 or so. Then some kids like 3 or 4 yrs old came and he moved over and let them slide down. Mia was to the top now and yelled said, "NO. She can't come down." I calmly said, "why don't you slide down and let everyone else slide down." This went on a few times and then he tried to kick Mia in the face! I said, "We don't kick and YOU don't kick HER." I was really started to get irritated. I know he was just a little boy, but I wanted to fling him backwards down the slide. I know I am evil. His mom was no where to be found. So then that is when IT happened. He grabbed Mia's face and tried to push her off the stairs backwards! Again I wanted to fling him down the slide backwards. I resisted my urges and said, "Where is your mom?" He pointed at her. I said, "I suggest you go and stand by her before I drag you over there by your arm." He went down the slide and stood by his mom. I may have been growling or had fire or daggers shooting from my eyes when I told or yelled at him and that is why he moved so quickly. THEN...yes there is more. A cute little girl was running around playing and she fell. I didn't see what happened, but her mom went over to her and "the boy" was standing by her. Maybe he tripped her. I don't know, but the "the boy's" mom said to the girl's mom, "oh, he was just trying to help her up." When the girls mom sat down she looked and me and said, "I saw what he did and said to you too." We exchanged glances and the boy left shortly after.
I have never had to be in that type of situation before so I don't know if I handled it right or not, and maybe one day (I hope not) Mia will be the mean kid, but I hope I am paying attention so someone will not be blogging about the mean girl!
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Pictures..
Posted by Gwen, Jenny, & Mia at 6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think each mom would handle it differently depending upon her disposition. I personally would have gone over with the boy and "suggested" to the mom that she keep an eye on her son if he has a tendency to be aggressive with other children, or not take him to public play areas. She may not be able to control his actions- some kids are just kind of out of control...but she certainly should keep an eye on him.
I think you handled it well! Seriously, I don't get some parents. If you know your child (and she had admitted it to the other mother) is aggressive you may want to watch him closer.
You did so good I think I might have flung the little jackass across the mall!!!!LOL You handled yourself wonderful and I am putting 5 gold stars by your name in the good mommy book!!!LOL If there was one I would but I am not that crazy yet!
I think you did a great job. I'm not sure what I would have done. I know I have spoken to kids beofre, though. I'll give the parent a chance and if they don't do it, I don't mind...in cases where Austin and Logan are being "endangered." So, go MOM Gwen!
Post a Comment