Has anyone seen 64 Zoo Lane? It's a show that is on Noggin. If you have seen it, that means your child was either up REALLY early or REALLY late. Well I live at 64 Zoo Lane, minus the British accents. In case you forgot (or didn't know) I will let you in on a little secret that may or may not surprise you. We have 7 cats, 1 dog, and Jenny thinks I should mention the 3 stray cats I feed.
So at 4:30 Monday morning Rudy (the dog) started barking downstairs by our sliding glass door. Jenny went down to let him out, he is old and has to pee sometimes during the night, and she thought she saw a neighbor cat who is mean and eats all my stray kitties food so she let the do out to scare him. It wasn't a cat, it was a skunk. PEWWWWWW Yes, the do got sprayed by a skunk. Then Mia woke up. Before work on a Monday morning Jenny was outside hosing the dog down. The whole side of our neighborhood stunk like skunk. It smelled inside the house, outside the house, and it was horrible. Then Jenny went to work and Mia and I went to take a nap, I know we suck, because Jenny had to go to work and we went to take nap! Anyway, while we were trying to sleep a cat (Butterscotch) was outside the bedroom door meowing to be let in and another cat Tweety scratched on the door about 10 minutes later. That is when I decided that we lived on 64 Zoo Lane. I should also mention that we have an ant colony (carpenter) who has taken up residence in our house and is driving me crazy so that makes it even more of a zoo. I can't bring myself to kill the little suckers so Jenny has to come home and kill all of them. Don't ask why I can't kill them, but I can barely kill a mosquito.
Jenny mentioned to me about the mouse and how I should mention that too. This past weekend we decided to clean out our shed. Apparently there was a large family of mice living in our shed all winter and they dined on our 20 pound bag of bird seed all winter. Not only did the large family live in our shed, but I think they invited friends and distant relatives to enjoy the shed and bird seed with them all winter long. I can't be sure because I do not have a camera installed in the shed, but not only did they live in the shed they had confetti parties and whooped it up all winter long. It was a mess! They had bird seed everywhere. I can't even imagine how much work it took to get the bird seed everywhere it was and we undid it in a day! We were so mad at the damn mice and we were cussing them up and down the whole time UNTIL..... I saw the cutest thing possible, a baby mouse. All of a sudden a baby mouse appeared in the center of the shed. He looked scared and lost. I called Jenny over and we decided to take the nest they made out of Jenny's golf club holders and put him in the corner for his mama to find him. In a few weeks when he is a big normal sized mouse I will finish cleaning out the rest. So that is all. Now onto some Mia cuteness.

We went to Petsmart to get some deskunk stuff and had to get dog food and Mia thought she would use it as a stool.

Climbing on the dog food.

What? I wasn't doing anything.

Yelling at me! See she has a kitty toy. On the rare occasion that a cat is anywhere near her she will get her cat toy and try to play with them.

Here kitty, kitty. Check out her outfit. I got the shirt for $4 at Target and the capris for $3 at Walmart. Good deals. Good times.

Her favorite place to hang out on the stoop. She doesn't even try to climb the stairs anymore.

Still hanging out on the stoop waiting for a kitty to cross her path.
5 comments:
Awwwww a baby mouse! Sorry about the skunk , I heard that tomato juice works to get the stink out...have you ever heard that?Anyway I would kill the ants...they give me the heeby jeebies. TTYL
EEWWWW! Skunks!!!!
Sorry... although I bet your dog wont go after another one again!
Cute bout the mice.... but not so cute bout the ants... They wouldnt last around here... either raid would get them or the toddler crew would!
Denise
1. a piece of reason once thrown at me by a good friend: if you have names for your stray cats (even just "pet names"), and you feed said stray cats, they are no longer stray, they are your cats, they just live outside (for now.)
2. call the exterminator for the carpenter ants. they will eat your house.
3. mia is, as usual, adorable.
4. 7 (um, 10) cats gwen? you are a cat lady!
;)
Poor dog!! I hope the stink finally went away. Love Mia trying to get the cats to play with her. I can't believe one of the 7 or should I say 10 won't play with her. Mean kitties!! Mia's outfit is so cute!
Oh and kill the ants!!
Oh my goodness I had forgotten all about 64 Zoo Lane but my bigger kids used to love it when it was on "kid prime time" during the day. I cannot believe all the craziness you've dealt with! LOL And I can totally relate to the baby mouse thing (I loved going to my uncle's farm house because I wanted to "catch" a baby mouse in the barn so I could make it my pet lol). You know, that in a couple of weeks it may be grown up but it will probably have 10 more babies of it's own just like the one you saw. lol And the skunk...peeeeUUU! And the ants, we have them too and they're driving us BATTY!
Post a Comment