First I have to introduce blog land to a very special lady, Linda. We have been friends with Linda for a few years. She was our realtor when we bought our house. She has always been like a mother figure to us (we tend to gravitate towards women who are motherly) and she one of the sweetest women I've ever met. She has had a lot going on in her life so we haven't talked quite a while and we really missed her. This is the first time she has met Mia and Mia took to her like she has never taken to anyone before. It was so cute! Mia can now say Grandma but it sounds more like Grammy so all day I was telling her Grandma was coming over (remember poor Mia doesn't really have a Grandma). So she was calling Linda Grammy - no pressure Linda ; ) Here are some pics of them together!
On Saturday we decided to go out to dinner which isn't usually a good idea. I know in my last post I whined about how it isn't a good idea, but I thought since Mia had been so good at grocery shopping then she would behave while we went out to dinner. It didn't turn out that way! Jenny says we can NEVER go out to eat AGAIN!!!
On our way to going out to eat I spotted these baby ducks sitting in front of a car getting some shade on the pavement. Of course I said, "where is there mama?" and Jenny told me not to worry about it but I convinced her to go back and we could feed them the crackers I had for Mia because Mia would like it (and me too!) So we fed the cute little ducks and they would even take it out of my hand. Mia didn't really care too much for them, but she liked to chase the seagulls that came around for left overs. Then we went to walk into the restaurant and they were following us! Like I was there mama, it was so cute! We quickly threw down some goldfish crackers and ran (literally) into the restaurant. Jenny said, "there are going to be pecking at the glass while we are eating." They went back to their spot on the pavement though.

Of course I named them Huey, Duey, and Luey.

aren't they cute?!?
Then we went to pick out the carpet for out family room.

Mia loves the carpet store! She loves to play by all the remnants. This is Jenny sitting with her because Mia is 2 and bossy, she tells us when and where to sit and we do it.

being a carpet licker

doing some yoga on the dirty floor

racing mama down the isles

this is how she runs around the store, with her tongue out and screaming. I think the sales people loved her! I told Jenny for our next play date I am just taking her to the carpet store!

At the furniture store they have a big chair for people to take their pics in. Here is Mia and Jenny. Mia looks a little cross eyed - for those who don't know Mia has a "lazy eye"

Trying to escape

Mama caught her to get a pic

still trying to get away



6 comments:
OKay I am loving how Mia took to Linda and Now Linda has to be Grammy because that's the cutest thing EVAH!!!!!!I was tearing up for crissakes!!!!And the ducks and carpet store are cracking me up!!!I love the giant chair!
Hi all - that duck thing is so funny - we had a close encounter with a duck, and Ally was not too confident about it either. Oh, and we have also realized that we can never go out to eat again, too. :-)
We DID get your email address, thank you! I'll email you so you have ours, finally!
Oh my GOSH - Mia looks like such a sassafras!! Oh, how I would love to hang out with her.
We'll have to talk about the eating out - we go out with boys at least 3x a week. At least.
I love how you post about Grammy, ducks, carpet and Mia and it all flows together!! :-)
Yes - you are quite the entertaining, informative blogger! I love it.
Sorry, linda the pressure is ON you have no choice, you have to be that Grammy! That story is precious!
Our eat outs are hit or miss. Some days we do okay, some days one of us is abandoning the table. I think "lovingortwoguys" must share her secrets!
As always, Mia is freakin' adorable and dressed to the max! sigh. SO cute!
You are too funny (exclamation point) My exclamation point is broken. I love your sense of humor. Could you please go to Guatoberfest? I would love to meet you guys. Mia is darling (Exclamation point)
Love,
Kelly's mom, Skylar's Onnie
Debbie
that's all you need is a family of ducks to add to your brood. LOL. how weird is that giant chair?
Post a Comment