CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We had a really busy fun filled weekend. We went to where my sis' family was camping on Friday and spent the day with them. The campground had a carnival and we watched the kids play, ate some sno cones (LOVE THEM) and Mia swam in the lake. We weren't anticiapating her swimming so we didn't bring her swimsuit, but I am always prepared and had a swim diaper in the car so we grabbed that and let her swim without a suit. I know it's no big deal, but I am just a weirdo who likes her in a suit! It was the first time she has been to a lake where she could just walk in since she could walk and she thought it was the greatest thing EVER! It was SO funny and she was just laughing up a storm. She fell in and Jenny had to scoop her up out of the water, but she wanted to keep swimming!



If you look REALLY close you can see that Mia is under the water and Jenny has almost caught her!



I am having a lot of fun when I am not falling.



Oh, I am falling.



but my mama caught me.



this is so much fun!

Then on Saturday we went to our friend's Jen's mom's house (from Jen, Dean and Gracie). Her mom's family has a 4th of July picnic and she invited us. We had such a great time and Jen's family is SO great and she is so lucky to have such a great family. They just oohed and aahed over Mia all day, they are funny, and they are so welcoming and just great people. We got there around 1:20 and Mia didn't nap then around 5 she fell asleep on my lap for about 45 min and was up until we left around 11. She didn't fall asleep on the way home until we got off the expressway and she slept for the last 5 minutes of the drive. So she went to bed around midnight and slept until 11 am the next morning!!!! We couldn't have been any happier! I was so sure she was going to wake up at her usual 7 or 7:30, but 11:00! She was such a trooper and did so good with everyone. Jen's aunt's kept saying she was so good and just went with the flow, which isn't exactly how I would describe her, but it is good to know other's would.



She was carrying around this flag, but wouldn't stand still so I could get a good pic. Here is a blurry one!



Some patriotic Mia butt.



Mia petting the goose. She LOVES geese and ducks, but this one isn't real.




Mia and mama.



Auntie Jen making Mia laugh.

7 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! You guys had an AMAZING weekend! How can you beat swimming, sleeping in, parties AND snow cones :)

Donna said...

I was just getting ready to comment on your last post and this one popped up.

OMG - Mia is frickin' adorable and those clothes are to die for!! Go Jenny for winning them.

You guys look like you're having a blast. Mia is so active and out there. I can't wait to see her again!

Oh - Happy one year anniversary for your homecoming! Can you believe it's been a year! Wow and I can't believe we didn't get any pictures together, well i can believe it - we were all very busy, eh?

My computer should be out of repairs next week. I miss you guys SO much, my virtual little buddies!

Dr. Samantha said...

you guys look so happy. i am smiling at how sweet y'all are.

and 11am? no way. she must have been totally exhausted.

lovingourtwoguys said...

Okay, you guys officially win "Adorable Family of the Year"...

Kelly said...

How fun!!! It looks like Miss Mia had a blast in the lake. I am still trying to get over my jealousy over the clothes... SOOOOO CUTE. It sounds like you had a fun filled fabulous weekend and I just love Mia Butt! She is so damn cute!

Ruthanne said...

That sounds like a super fun weekend. Mia's dress is ALMOST as cute as she is. :)

Kathy said...

Love the pictures of Mia in the lake! She looks like she really enjoyed it!

And love her in the dress. She is too cute!!