CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mid Week Shopping

Life in our house is pretty boring these days. We went to Halo Burger on Tuesday for lunch. For those of you who don't know Halo Burger is like McD's only a more "homemade" taste. It's pretty good, but the best thing they have a play land. Mia is still a little small to play but we don't have to try to wrangle her the whole time we are eating which makes it nice. Jenny and I are going to open a more upscale restaurant where parents can eat real food that tastes good and kids can play - well in our dreams anyway. I hate not being able to go out to eat or try to entertain Mia so she isn't a shrieking child while we hold her down. Sometimes she goes around and says, "hi" to everyone, but other times she isn't so cooperative.

So on a different note Mia has been talking up a storm. It seems like everyday she says a new word or sometimes two. She has so many words now I couldn't even count them if I wanted to. She crawl until 13 mo and didn't walk until almost 18mo and since she started walking her talking has just taken off.

We went to target today to get some diapers, love target diapers. We have been working on potty training and we were doing very well, but then she got constipated sooo now we are just having her go in her diaper because I think the toiliet thing was sort of making it harder for her to go. She is also telling us when she has to pee too. I think if I worked a bit harder she would be potty trained by now. The funny part is that every time she passes gas she thinks she is pooping so in music class yesterday she grabbed her diaper and said, "poop" pretty loud. Also for those of you who don't know Mia she is a bit of a difficult child so today in target I walked around for an hour with her strapped to my back - gotta love the Ergo carrier.

Now time for some Mia cuteness....



Sitting on the steps to play land.



eating her crayon




this is a girl who loves a good coloring book



give me my crayon



mama in Mia's chair. Aren't they sweet?



Here's her fake smile. Can you tell?



up, up, UP MAMA



getting ready to leave target




her hair is getting so long! How many Guatemalan children have curly hair? Mia does.




I bought Mia a cookie (yes chocolate chip) and look what happened : )



I have about 10 of these pics because I was trying to get a picture of her while I was driving.



don't be too concerned it was while I was stopped at a light.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL The pics while driving...I too like to live dangerously ...at stop lights. LOL Love the pic of Mia's fake smile She is such a lil' diva and her outfit, where'd ya get it? I LOVE IT !!

Becky said...

Ok, the fake smile cracks me up!

Can you guys send us your email address sometime? We wanted to reply after you commented on our blog, but it doesn't let us.

Let us know when you want to move to MA - we'll help you out. It is awesome!!! We'd love to be able to have the girls play together, too!

-Ally's Mama (Becky)

lovingourtwoguys said...

Oh, you got some really cute pics this week. I LOVE the pic of Mia and Jenny snuggling - so sweet. I also like Mia's little cute hairbow action. She is always adorable, but I know I am not telling you anything you don't already know!!

Great job on the multitasking - managing choc chip cookie, taking pics and driving!! You are so ready for 2 kids!

Kathy said...

Yes, eating out with a toddler is a bit tough! That is so great that she is saying more words. It is so fun having conversations with them.

I love all Mia's clothes but especially that outfit she wore in Target. She is so adorable and her hair is beautiful. John has some definite wave to his hair but I don't let it get that long to see if it curls!

Julie P said...

I love her dress / tunic. Very mod and retro! The fake smile is a riot. Allys is usally more of a huge face crinkled up so she looks like she is crying.

FWIW we went to a local restuarant here that caters to kids - has real adult food and a special kids menu and a play area and they bring toys to your table and such. But Ally was in such a bad mood that day I got up and left the restuarant with Ally while Becky finished eating. So we're thinking its the kid not the place right now!