you may ask me...well I have a disease. What disease you ask...well, guess. Yes, hand foot and freaking mouth disease. I got it from Mia who apparently had it last week. I shared a pop sickle with the infected child, not the most intelligent thing I have ever done. In my defense she didn't have ANY red bumps anywhere at anytime. So this weekend I was sick with a fever and now on Monday I have lovely red bumps, which are like a million little canker sores irritating the inside of my mouth every time I eat anything except ice. It is GREAT!! To top it off I have sexy red bumps on the palms of my hands and I can barely even wash my hair or wash my hands. The "happy bumps" as Jenny likes to call them because she thinks hand, foot, and mouth disease sounds gross have spread to my feet. So far I can still walk but if my feet feel like my hands do tomorrow Mia will just have to spend all day in bed with me. I feel fine for the most part no fever just a severe sore throat, diseased mouth, hands, and coming soon feet. To top it all off they can spread to the outside of the mouth......so I could have little red bumps surrounding the outside of my mouth, good thing the Miss Universe pageant isn't for another week or I would be screwed.
On another note, did anyone catch Yo Gabba Gabba today? I came in the living room and saw Mia watching a woman with a gold glitter one piece spandex suit on singing "glitter hands, glitter hands, razzle, dazzle, razzle dazzle." All while 'dancing'. I taped it for Jenny and we laughed pretty hard at it. Please tell me we weren't the only one's who enjoyed this today. Kelly I know Sky loves Yo Gabba Gabba did you see it?
I did score some cool Matilda Jane duds from the art fair on Friday before I was sick. No pics for this post because, well, I didn't think you wanted to see my happy bumps.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
What have you been up to?
Posted by Gwen, Jenny, & Mia at 6:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
are you going to go to the park and kick the crap out of that woman whose kid gave mia hfm? for crying out loud?!
and sooo sorry you've got the bumps. so often we grown ups get it worse than the kids.
and a public thank you for getting my back with that poster on the forum. did you check out my response? it got buried after i posted, i think.
I know EXACTLY who you are talking about - "Glitter hands girl" with her big ol' 80s glasses. How sad am I that I instantly knew who you were talking about. S.A.D.
I am so sorry that you are sick. That sounds awful - and the most maddening part is that it COULD have been avoided! Arrrgh. Phew that you'll be all better for Miss America!! I know how important that is to you. LOL
OUCH. I an literally LOL at the sarcasm in your post. I read it out loud to Becky and her reply was "OMG I did not even conceive of getting it from our child" I guess its a good thing Ally has avoided this disease so far.
And is Samantha right this is from the kid at the park? Can I come kick some butt for you? What a nightmare. Be sure to take pictures of your self to show Mia later what you went thru for her. And trust me in the future this will be hilarious!
I LOVE THE glitter hands glitter hands razzle dazzle lady!!!!!! SO freaky !!!!!!
I hope your gross disease goes away soon ! LOL just kidding but I do hope you feel netter soon. Do you have to let it run its course or what? That is just horrible!
OMG I need to go to typing sKool LOL I meant BETTER not Netter!!!
Ewwww!! I agree with everyone else....some serious butt kicking is needed. I hope you are feeling better! Now I know why John only ate ice pops when he had it.
Yuck!
I'm soo sorry you have not-so happy bumps!
Probably want to ban sharing in your house for a while...
I hope now that you are well on your way to healing!!!
Brave soul going to the art fair! It's been too hot!!!
Denise
I DID see that Gabba Gabba and that's one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time! What goes through these people's heads? we LOOOOVE yo gabba gabba!
I am so so sorry you have HFM! I have never heard of an adult getting them, so I have never heard first hand how bad they make one feel. :( Now I feel so bad for my kids since they've had it (Kemry hasn't but the other 4 have as babies). That sounds rough!!!! I'm glad you are feeling better, but STINKS that you had to go through it at all!
Post a Comment