We have had a busy week. We had our homestudy on Tuesday and it went really well. The social worker said that we were normal! Who knew? So I just have to get a few loose ends to her and then she will be writing our home study next week!
Yesterday I had a dentist appointment and I took Mia. The point to taking her was so that the dentist could just look at her teeth, but that didn't happen. Instead she cried and said, "no thank you" over and over. At least she is polite!
So far things with Pongo are going ok. We really like him, he really likes us, but he doesn't really like the cats. We have an appointment with an animal behaviorist tomorrow to see if he can get along with the cats. If he can't then we will have to find a new home for him. I called a rescue group (no kill) and they are going to call me back tomorrow if things don't work out with the trainer. He is such a good dog and does so well with Mia, but if we can't have him with out cats then our house cannot survive.

This is a rare occurance. Mia hardly ever falls asleep on her own.
Look at her cute little butt sticking up.

Isn't she precious??!?

Mia has really been into dress up lately.
My princess.
She lost her glass slipper.

Pongo thinks he is a lap dog and tries to sit on our laps.

he had a few too many drinks!


This is how these two spend a good part of their day. Sitting next too each other looking out the window.

Mia going in for the kiss.

Does his nose look big??
6 comments:
the pics with pongo in the foreground are hysterical. he looks GIANT.
not until i saw your post did i realize that julian has never, ever (ok maybe 3x in his car seat if we were way over nap time) just fallen asleep. d'oh, there was the one time he had a fever of 102 and we didn't know it...
:)
love the dress up. looks like so much fun!
OMG I love that dog I hope he can get along with the cats!!!!Mia looks so damn cute in her dress up clothes and how could you not snuggle with her while she was on the couch!!!!
Wow - huge dog, adorable child. We "fostered" a black lab for a while before we were parents. I say "fostered" because he did not get along with our cats and he bit Becky so we had to return it to the rescue organization, and they found him a home that was a much better fit than ours. We used www.adoptalab.org so you could email them if you need a no-kill home for Pongo, and they would probably work with you for a new dog if you want one. Just a thought
Glad the homestudy went well! Pongo looks like a great dog! Hope he and the cats can get along since it looks like Mia likes him. Love her Princess outfits. Mia is just adorable!
I cannot believe what a big and beautiful little lady Miss Mia has become! OMG, she is a doll! Can I tell you how jealous I am that you guys mastered potty training. I swear that I am going to try....some day....lol.
are you too busy on FB to post to your blog or something? :p
Post a Comment