CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Fair and Iowa



We went to the fair a few weeks ago and the cutest llama was there.


Isn't he adorable?!? I love how they had him shaved.



I think it is funny that we paid to feed the animals.


Mia rode the ponies and LOVED it!


She rode twice she liked it so much.


Then she wanted to ride the train.


Doesn't she looked thrilled?


She is drunk driving here.

She even wanted to ride the roller coaster!




She didn't cry, but when she got off she said it was scary.


my silly girl posing for a pic


still posing


Now she is all gussied up for the camera.



We went to Iowa this past weekend to visit Jenny's 95 yr old grandma.


We made the mistake of telling Mia we were going to Iowa. And that she would get to pet cows. We heard 48 times (literally we counted) during the 8 hour drive, "going to Iowa? Pet cows?"


A barn cat scratching Jenny's back


Right behind her cousins house are about 4000 cows and boy do they smell good! They have a"special drain" (not a technical term) where all the cow poo goes to and it sort of looks like a lake of cow poo. Then when they go to fertilize the fields they use the poo in the special drain. Did I mention her cousin's house is 100 feet away from this? and did I mention it smells lovely? These are beef cattle.... : ( and apparently you don't pet beef cattle because they are afraid of you, but they do stare at you and it is quite creepy!


One of the barn cats had the cutest little kittens!



Long story, we went looking for some ice cream and ended up in some little town.


they were having a ho down - complete with country music and 80 yr olds.


we didn't stay long since we are not fans of ho downs.

3 comments:

Mindy said...

I love her in her tutu!! She is always dressed too cute. You will have to tell me where you shop.

Hugs,

Mindy

Kelly said...

Looking at cows makes me want to be vegan. I think its sad so if I choose to eat meat I have to think it was man made and came in a package :) Onnie says the cows breath smells like steak...I think she's disturbed LOL Miss Mia is looking more little girl these days, tell her to stop growning!!!!! She looks so damn cute in her Matilda Jane dress!!!!Love you guys!!!!

Vanessa said...

That's an adorable dress!! Oh and the dress up picture is great!!