CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 09, 2008

Letters, Pools, and sick babies

We got a surprise today in the mail, a letter from Maria (Mia's foster mom). Of course I have no idea what it says, but inside the envelope was a picture of Jose Juan, and my oh my is he a doll. He is so cute and it makes me so sad he will not be part of our family. I am happy that Maria is still able to care for him, but I want him! Jenny said the same thing. It just breaks my heart. Anyway he was wearing the clothes we sent down and was playing with the toys we sent down for him too. I hope we get to see him before he goes home, well who am I kidding he has the same facillitator we did so who knows when he will be going home.

On a brighter note, it was HOT here all weekend and we swam in the pool all weekend. On Friday, Mia started to get a pretty nasty cold, but it didn't stop us (or me) from getting in the pool with her. I know I am going to win the mother of the year! Well, Jenny was at work and Mia and I were just playing outside and I decided to get in the pool to clean it and Mia wanted in soooo I brought her in with me. I was thinking I would get her out before Jenny got home and put her in dry clothes to disguise my evidence. Then of course I wasn't counting on Jenny getting out of work early! Next thing I know she is at the back door!




Mia pre-sickness eating her first ice cream cone.



You wanted 2 pics of her eating her ice cream cone, right?



Mia in the pool, blowing bubbles...



and chewing on her finger...



and laughing!



my sick baby



now she is just a mess....

8 comments:

Dr. Samantha said...

oh my that is one sad, sick baby!
if jon took j swimming when he was getting sick i'd have his head. hope jenny went easy on you.

Julie P said...

Oh poor sick baby. I hope she is feeling better soon. When Ally gets a cold fresh air works wonders, so be sure to go autside with Mia(in the fresh air) but dry not wet!

lovingourtwoguys said...

Ooooh, poor Mia!! She is still a little cutie patootie, even when sick. The pool looks awesome - hope Mia feels better and can go swimming soon.

P.S. I haven't forgotten about being tagged - just busy!

One Busy Momma said...

Poor Mia! I hope she is feeling better very soon!!!!

Soo happy that you had some nice weather to enjoy your pool though!

Denise

Kelly said...

Oh God the poor lil' thing. How is she feeling now? I want to comew over to go swimming! It looks so good cause its so damn hot and I hate my neighborhood pool cause its too crowded and I am embarrassed by my big bootie...oh well I'm just gonna have to get over it. LOL That was one long sentence LOL Give Mia kisses from me and Sky

Donna said...

Now THAT's a pool! Awesome!

Sorry you got "caught" and sorry Mia got sick. She does look quite miserable.

Okay, I'm going to go try and send you an e-mail!

Oh - and the tikal pictures fromlast year! OH - i just want to go back, too! Such an exciting time in our lives, huh!?!

Kathy said...

Poor Mia!!! She looks like she feels so yucky.
I hope she feels better now!

Love the pool!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww she's beautiful even when she is sick! Poor sweet baby! When are you going to Chicago? We will be there through the 20th. It would be great if our trips overlapped and we could get these two beautiful 9.19 girlies together. :) email me: jokellyne @ aol. com